8.04.2010

The Lack Of Craft Supplies In Devonport Tas.

I am just sitting here thinking about of the lack of craft supplies in my local area, if you do manage to find some things you need they are usually very expensive. So I was wondering if you live in the Devonport Tasmania area, what type of craft you are into and what material do you think is the hardest to find. It could be anything from quilting, needlepoint or beadwork and everything in between. Please email your thoughts clare101designs@yahoo.com.au or leave a comment below.

Thankyou
Clare

2 comments:

  1. you have read our thoughts - a couple of us crafters were blogging if we just won the lotto we could guve salvation to northern tasmanian crafters and open a descent craft store . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare, I just found your blog after you commented on mine. I think you are the first Devonport blogger I've come across! I still miss Needle & Thread since they closed down, and Bargain Box Fabrics (and before them, Lincraft), and Linda's Needleworks in Ulverstone. We have patchwork shops, and Franks bridal shop, and a sewing machine shop, but if I want a zip or costume fabric or interfacing etc, I go over to Jans Fabrics in Ulverstone. Sometimes I'll go to Wells in Latrobe. For fabric stash additions I'll wait till I get to Spotlight and stock up. I could buy everything on the internet, but usually I want something straight away to get a project finished. I don't know how many times I've heard rumours of Spotlight opening here. I could go on and on, but ....

    ReplyDelete